In this episode I talk to Joram Schwartzmann and cover some of the following topics:
- What CRISPR is - explained in simple terms,
- Why it’s considered to be one of the biggest scientific breakthroughs in the last decade and why it’s such a powerful tool,
- How CRISPR actually works and in what areas it can be applied to, along with limitations,
- How far we are from curing cancer, HIV/AIDS and other terrible deceases,
- Discuss some of the ethical concerns that many scientists have around CRISPR and how far we humans should really go when applying this technology,
- and so much more.
Links & Resources Mentioned
- VOX: A simple guide to CRISPR, one of the biggest science stories of the decade
- ABC News: CRISPR for dummies: The gene-editing technology which might cure cancer one day
- Science News for Students: Explainer: How CRISPR works
- A Programmable Dual-RNA–Guided DNA Endonuclease in Adaptive Bacterial Immunity, Martin Jinek, Krzysztof Chylinski, Ines Fonfara, Michael Hauer, Jennifer A. Doudna, Emmanuelle Charpentier
- Here to stay – the CRISPR/Cas9 system, Plants and Pipettes (Blog)
- CRISPR fought the law and the law won, Plants and Pipettes (Blog)
Follow/Add the Podcast Host/Guest on:
Have feedback or recommendations for topics or guests?
Let us know, by filling out this short form here.
Follow GAMMA Digital & Beyond on
This podcast looks at innovators and companies that are changing the game and how they took their initial idea and created a game-changing product or service, while giving you unique perspectives and insights you’ve probably haven’t heard elsewhere.
David and his guests discuss real-world practical advice on how to best harness the creativity of your employees and go from idea to product or service that has the potential to radically transform your business.
They also share lessons they’ve learned along the way to effectively accelerate, incubate and scale innovations within small, medium and large enterprises, all while separating hype from reality and replacing bullshit bingo with common sense.
The show is hosted by David C. Luna, author, keynote speaker and founder of GAMMA Digital & Beyond.
The Innovational Correctness Podcast by GAMMA Digital & Beyond, David C. Luna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on a work at gammabeyond.com/en/podcast/. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available by contacting us here.